Here to Stay: The Modern World of Hospitality
Do home-sharing platforms like Airbnb need more regulation to protect consumers and the safety of local communities? How can the interests of private property owners, consumers, and small businesses be balanced? What might an optimal level of regulation look like, and who decides?
In this Fourth Branch video, Gwendolyn Smith (Grandview Bed & Breakfast), Matthew Feeney (Cato Institute), and Pete Clarke (Retired Commissioner, Orange County, FL) explore the legal and regulatory questions that have accompanied the rise of home-sharing platforms.
A Fourth Branch video in association with Motivo Media.
- Deep Dive Podcast: “Can Government Regulation Keep Pace with Emerging Technology?”
- “Miami Beach Imposes the Highest Home-Sharing Fines in the Nation”
- “Land Use and Homesharing Regulation”
- “Renting an Airbnb Could Be Risky For Your Safety, a New Study Finds”
- “Inside the Rise and Fall of a Multimillion-Dollar Airbnb Scheme”